Cleaning Protocols in a Covid-19 World
During these challenging times with the COVID-19 Pandemic, we deem it essential to implement new sanitation guidelines and processes at our hotel in order to provide as safe an environment as possible for our guests and associates.
As we all adjust to new travel norms we are enhancing the experience for you, our hotel guests, by redefining and supporting wellbeing throughout your stay. We are expanding our commitment to cleanliness by using new science-led protocols and service measures to enhance the already existing IHG Way of Clean.
IHG Way of Clean includes deep cleaning with hospital-grade disinfectants, and guests can expect to see enhanced procedures, which include: face covering requirements, reducing contact throughout the hotel, social distancing measures within public spaces and procedures based on local authorities’ guidance and advice.
Note: These images may not reflect the latest guest experience such as social distancing of public spaces and changes to food and beverage due to Covid-19 regulations.
Here are some measures we have implemented to work towards a more sanitary and safe experience, for all:
- All of our staff have been trained on 'Universal Precaution' methods
- Housekeeping staff wear disposable gloves at all times during cleaning, and change to a brand new pair at the start of every room cleaning
- Housekeeping staff has been taught the proper method of removing gloves, and proper disposal to avoid cross-contamination
- Housekeeping carts are sanitized before use each day
The housekeeping staff have been trained to look at the guest rooms differently and clean all of the areas that are touched regularly with disinfectant:
- Door jams, the sides of doors (just above the handle)
- Remote controls
- Sides of shower curtains
- Tops of headboards
- Electric sockets and around charging stations
- Chair frames
- Shower valves – (even behind the valve handles)
- Hair dryers - the body, plug, and cord
We have also implemented processes to clean the areas that most people touch without thought and out of habit:
- Disinfect handles to mops, dusters, vacuums, toilet brushes, and spray bottles daily
- Disinfect the staff break room and all appliances, handles, and tables
- Bell truck and luggage cart handholds are disinfected after each use
- Sanitize vending machines, guest laundry (machines, soap, and change dispensers, surfaces, door handles, door jams, and seats)
OTHER MEASURES WE HAVE UNDERTAKEN:
- Modified breakfast procedures
- Spread breakfast tables so that they meet the safety distance standards that are currently in place